Our average Franchise unit revenue is $1.8 million per year with 23.1% gross margin.
Features of Solar Universe:
- Green industry involvement
- Early in industry/market
- Fragmented competitive environment
- Extremely scalable
- Both high-tech and hands-on
- POSITIVE impact on customers, community and environment
- Financial Incentives provided to customers to ‘go solar’ by local, state and/or Federal government
Function of the owner/daily tasks:
Owner operators are primarily responsible for Sales & Marketing activities on a daily basis. Owners coordinate system installations through their own crews or via subcontractors until business has established the demand for their own crew(s). Owner conducts sales calls to qualified prospects and/or manages sales force, coordinates supply chain activities (orders, deliveries, drop shipments, etc.), attends ‘turn ons’, delivers to the customer their owner’s manual, hosts marketing events, maintains relationships with other Solar Universe franchisees through the Solar Universe Network, home office, events, etc. Attends owner and ‘train the trainer’ education courses at SolarUniversity.
Desired background of prospects and Ideal candidate:
The ideal Solar Universe Franchisee is the “Entrepreneurial Team Player” This person is successful, has the aptitude for sales & marketing (or can maximize a centralized sales & marketing service), is team leader, can both ‘follow the path’ and ‘blaze new trails’ when no path has been defined. A believer in the values of Quality, Safety, Service and Consistency, the franchisee recognizes that the value of their business is reflected by how they and their team perform in every aspect of the business. Experience in the trades is helpful, a current construction license is not required in CA where we offer non-contractors the ability to work under a corporate license program. The ability to partner with a licensed contractor is an alternative.
Franchise Partner prospects should have at least $150K in liquid assets. For a minimum territory, a franchisee is expected to invest $100K-$125k over the first six months in business. Franchisees are expected to be full-time, active owner/operators and must be able to attend the required training program(s) in Livermore, CA.
Key Points about a Solar Univeres Franchise
- Just in time inventory system means Franchisee does not have to stock inventory
- No large warehouse needed, lower cost of entry & lower expenses
- 3-5 employees
- Customer financing available, this allows us to compete
- Customers have no money down, low interest financing available
- Able to reduce customer’s monthly utility bill by 20-40% in most cases
- Strong item 19 ($1.8 million/yr with 23.1% margin)
Training, Support & Assistance
- Financial Assistance Provided: No
- Site Selection Assistance: Yes
- Lease Negotiation Assistance: Yes
- Co-operative Advertising: No
- Training: 21 Days -2 Weeks training at home office in Livermore, Ca this is for sales, operations & technical training. Then 1 week at Franchisee’s location when they open.
Request more information regarding this Franchise Opportunity
(*) indicates a required field