The fact that as a millennial, you trade your time for money and get paid only when you work is enough to make you realize that everything is wrong with this approach. As Warren Buffett said, “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.”
Reasons to never depend on a 9-to-5 job.
Can you Keep the Job
- More and more graduates with impressive results are tossed aside by companies on a daily basis. As a result of the abysmal lack of jobs, most of these grads will take any job, at any pay rate, even when it’s way below what their educational level might indicate. Hence, when a company sees someone ready to render the same services as you do, at a lower rate, it will naturally go for the cost-saving option.In no time, the words, “You’re fired,” could be thrown at you and everything you depend on taken apart right before your eyes.
Too Hard to keep up with Trends
- By depending on a particular job, all your expertise and knowledge will be devoted to that particular field. Though this can help you specialize more in that field, it can also serve as your gateway to failure because.However, if you focus only on your 9-to-5, you’ll find it difficult to learn of these trends, much less actually earn money off of them.
Plan Your Own Retirement
- Gone are the days when almost all large companies paid pensions to workers who attained a certain age. .
Find Your Dream
- No one working a 9-to-5 ever has enough opportunity to explore and engage in his or her desired activities. Everyone’s dream life is different — whether it’s climbing a tall mountain, exploring the world, etc. However, irrespective of what ideal lifestyle you crave, a rigid career life will never make it happen.
Be Your Own Boss
- Everyone wishes to be his or her own boss at some point in time — this means living on your terms and doing your things your own way. Depending solely on a single job creates a greater potential that you will undervalued or underappreciated because your employer is aware of your apparent lack of alternatives.
Look to own your own business, where you can control your destiny. If you don’t have the experience of owning your own company and no idea how to get it started, talk to me. With over 500 different franchise, there is one that will fit your need.
(Excerpts from 5 Reasons Millennials Shouldn’t Depend on a 9-to-5 Job by Lanre Onibalusi in Entrepreneur)
To find out more, request information: