In September, the International Franchise Association (IFA) released results from the 3rd Quarter Franchise Forecast for 2013 and Annual Franchise Business Leader Survey (FBLS)
“The franchise sector continues to grow adding 184,000 jobs over the past 12 months and is expected to start twice the amount of new businesses than the economy as whole in 2013,” said IFA President & CEO Steve Caldeira.
- The franchise sector of our economy accounted for nearly 10 percent of all new jobs.
- 184,000 new jobs in industries such as business and personal services, restaurants, automobile, education and manufacturing.
- The franchise sector directly and indirectly supports more than 18 million jobs.
- 1.4 % growth in business formation
- 1.9% growth in job growth
Overall, both analyses point to modest growth in the franchise sector for the remainder of the year and into 2014.
The most important question is whether you will be part of that growth.